If you’re on Twitter you know what a powerful marketing tool it can be. But the key to success is finding and keeping followers. Here are 11 steps you can take to get more Twitter followers.
- Create a great Twitter bio. One of the key factors in whether or not people decide to follow you is the quality of the information in your bio. If you have a relevant website, be sure to include the URL. You only have 160 chracters, as opposed to the 140 allowed in tweets, so use them well.
- If you’re new to Twitter, create about 10 or so interesting tweets before looking for followers. You have to give people a reason to want to follow you.
- If you find an interesting article on the web, tweet about it with a link. Because most links will be too long, you can shorten them by going to tinyurl.com. Simply paste in the old link and it will give you a new “tiny” link to use for free.
- Tweet inspiring or humorous quotes. You can find a lot of great quotes that your Twitter followers will enjoy at BrainyQuotes.com
- Tweet links to interesting videos from YouTube and other such sites.
- Help others by re-tweeting their tweets. Many will return the favor, which will expose you to other people who may then decide to follow you.
- Join the conversation. Reply to other people’s tweets, give them a compliment or thank them for sharing. These people may also decide to send you @ messages, which will also make their followers aware of you.
- Thank people who re-tweet you. Just hit the reply button and send a thank-you note. If you don’t thank them, at least some of the time, they will probably stop re-tweeting you and stop following you.
- Become active on Follow Friday. Each Friday, recommend some of your favorite tweeters to your followers by typing in #FollowFriday or #FF and then their Twitter handle, such as @JaneSmith. Others will do the same for you. This is a great way to get more Twitter Followers UK .
- Follow all of Twitter’s rule about following and un-following. Don’t become too aggressive or your account will be suspended.
- If you are marketing something, try to keep a ratio of about one marketing message for every 10 or so tweets. If all you do is try to sell people something, they will stop following you. Doing nothing but marketing tweets could get you labeled as a spammer, which could result in being banned. Remember Twitter is about being social first and marketing, if you do any marketing, second.
Danek S. Kaus is the author of “You Can Be Famous! Insider Secrets to Getting Free Publicity. He has helped people to get featured in USA Today, CNN the New York Times and hundreds of other newspapers, radio and TV shows and magazines. Get more publicity tips at [http://epicfollowers.co.uk/] or read the 1st Chapter of his book [http://epicfollowers.co.uk/]